Diesel Spills

Diesel Spills

Substances like diesel and petrol represent a major hazard to anyone on two wheels. They are difficult to spot and cause even skilled and experienced riders to lose control and crash through no fault of their own. At RSS, we have represented bikers and scooter owners from all over the country for 20 years. We specialise in pursuing claims for injuries and damaged bikes resulting from hazardous substances on the road.

Hazardous Road Claims: Solicitors Serving Motorcyclists Nationwide

These cases can be difficult to prove — but the good news is that you can make a claim. You need to talk to a law firm that understands all of the issues involved — the last thing you want is to waste time and energy pursuing a claim against the wrong person. In general, claims can be made against:

  • The person who caused the spillage — For example, someone has not properly secured their petrol cap, or failed to repair a vehicle defect which has caused a leak. In these cases, the difficulty is always tracing the person responsible for the spillage.
  • The Motor Insurers’ Bureau (the MIB) — In some circumstances, when the offending vehicle can’t be traced, a claim can be made against the MIB, responsible for uninsured and untraced drivers.
  • The highway authority – If they have been notified of the spillage but have failed to respond to it in an appropriate way, then you will be able to look to them for the recovery of your losses.

Contact Us

You can contact us online or by phone on 0208 246 4900. Our established team, who have proven success in this area are waiting to hear from you.